Below, are just a few reasons why Niskayuna is a great place:
- Newsweek named Niskayuna High School among the top 400 high schools
in the nation.
- Niskayuna students are enthusiastic and consistently excel in
academics, athletics and the arts.
- Staff are active in local and national education organizations, and
are consulted by the New York State Education Department.
- A formal mentoring program provides support for new teachers.
- The Washington Post identified Niskayuna as a district that
challenges students to reach their full potential.
- An annual professional performance review based on the work of
widely-known and respected educator and researcher Charlotte Danielson
provides a consistent and research-based model for helping teachers
- Niskayuna schools are located in a thriving and growing area for
culture and technology. The world-renowned General Electric Research and
Development Center and Knolls Power Laboratory are both located in
- Niskayuna is home to multiple town parks and recreation areas and a
- 21 colleges and universities are in the area, including Siena
College, College of Saint Rose, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and
- Niskayuna is a welcoming and safe community.
- Niskayuna is convenient to New York City, Boston, the Adirondacks,
Montreal, as well as Saratoga, Albany and Troy.
- Organizations such as the Niskayuna Community Foundation and N-CAP
strengthen the community's present and future.